International Online Symposium
Title: “Digital Transformation in Higher Education”
Theme: Online Teaching and Learning in Higher Education; Trends, Innovation, Issues, Challenges and Coping Strategies
Date and Time: Thursday, 2nd July 2020, 11:00 AM to 5:45 PM PST
The rapid changes in the world economy, technology, and digital society have transformed people’s traditional ways of life at local, national and global levels. In this digital world, the changing demands of knowledge and skills acquisition continue to challenge formal education systems and call for alternative modes of learning.
With the development of the internet and multimedia technologies, distance learning is becoming a well-accepted and indispensable part of educational systems worldwide and there is greater awareness that Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in education, such as online distance learning and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), is important to ensure equitable access to quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Nevertheless, there are also concerns about the accessibility, connectivity, quality, the gaps in ICT use, and recognition of qualifications earned through non-traditional modes of learning. In this context, digital distance education is an open educational system that can address such concerns and accelerate progress towards the achievement of the Education 2030 agenda known as Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG4).
COVID-19 impact on education has given us an opportunity to redesign our higher education system. There is always a silver lining in the clouds, it is high time to see opportunities in these challenging times. For a paradigm shift from traditional teaching & research towards inclusively effective and equitable e-learning and development of a standard and comprehensive policy for e-learning with the consensus of all the stakeholders alike.
Objectives of the Online symposium:
- To bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of virtual learning
- To provide a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered, and solutions adopted in the fields of Distance Education
- To provide an opportunity to give your professional development a boost, network with other eLearning professionals, and gain the latest insights from industry leaders
- All Universities
- Higher Education Commission
- Ministry of Science and Technology
- Ministry of Education
- Regulatory Authorities
- Faculty, Students, Parents, Legislators, Internet Providers, and Programmer Developers
- Internet Providers
Methodology of the Online symposium:
The speakers/experts from academia and industry will present their expertise and experiences in online education; innovations, future trends and challenges and strategies to adapt and embrace these changes, followed by an interactive panel discussion of panelist.
The online symposium will be organised using the Microsoft Teams/Zoom platform and live streaming will be available on Riphah International University’s social media pages on Facebook, YouTube and University’s website. To increase the outreach of the conference, volunteer teams will be engaged to set a regional trend on Twitter.
Potential Keynote Speakers and Panelists:
- Chancellors/ Vice Chancellors
- Academicians, Researchers, Policy Actors
- Representatives of International Agencies and NGOs
- Representative from regularity authorities like HEC, PEC, PMDC, WHO
- Directors of Education and ORIC of universities
Audience of the Conference:
- Vice Chancellors
- Deans of all Faculties
- Faculty members
- University Faculty members
- IT Experts
- Faculty Members
- Policy Analysts
- Development Organisations
- Government Officials
- Senior Students
- Researchers and relevant stakeholders